Our last time trial session was a return to the old days, manual stop watches, manual time entry and a long, long wait for results!
Congratulations to our Wilson Cup 100m Backstroke Finalists:
Reserves: Josh Hunt (1), Alex Saffy (2)
The final will be held on 11th December
Chayse Parsons and Matilda Richings had a fabulous night improving their time in every event. Chayse took an incredible 12.9 seconds off his 50m Backstroke time and 9.67 seconds off his 50m freestyle time. Brodie Davies and Alex Saffy also had great 50m backstroke swims improving their times by 11 seconds and 7 seconds respectively. All results can be found here.
The next Time Trial session is our last entry session for the year and will be followed by the Club Christmas function in the club rooms. (See article below)
We will kick the night off with the Ciffolilli Shield Relay race and end the night with a novelty relay.
The novelty relay will incorporate the following rules:
1. ALL PERFORMANCE SQUAD MEMBERS must perform one of three strokes:
2. Members of other squads will swim freestyle, however, swimmers 9 AND UNDER are permitted to use fins (please bring your own).
3. Swimmers performing ‘Lifesaving Backstroke’, or using a Kickboard or using fins, are permitted to commence their leg of the relay in the water for safety reasons.
4. Relay teams and relay captains will be in accordance with the Ciffolilli Shield Teams.
5. All members of the winning team will receive a prize.
A reminder to all swimmers, there are only 6 Time Trial sessions left for the summer season. To be eligible for a trophy in the end of season Age Club Championships, a swimmer must have competed in a minimum of 5 Club Time Trials with a minimum of 3 swims in each session.
Please get your Time Trial entries in early as it greatly assists our volunteers for organising the meet.